Reflection Paper: Core Values Assignment Instructions
Matt Perman, in What’s Best Next, argues that the leader must be able to lead himself before he can manage others. Moreover, the author explained that the best way to understand a subject is not to learn everything about it, but rather to know its core idea. That is especially true of God’s leaders. Every strategic plan must ask the question,
“Why do we do what we do?” And the answer is based on one’s core values. Core values explain who you are. In times of crisis, what one really, deeply believes, becomes evident. If led by the Spirit of God these godly values will guide the leader through any challenging times.
As a pastoral leader knowing “Who you are and to Whom you belong,” is essential for success.
Write an essay reflecting on the significance of the pastoral leadership and the church’s membership discovering their core values as they develop a strategic plan. Items to include are outlined as follows:
- Length of assignment must be a minimum of 2,000 words. There is no maximum word count.
- Paper must include three (3) separate headings: Introduction, Content, and Conclusion.
- Paper must include a title page, content page, footnotes, and bibliography.
- Format of assignment (Turabian).
- Number of citations: five (5) scholarly sources in addition to the course textbooks cited and biblical integrations.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.