Ministry Report and Reflection Assignment Instructions
The Ministry Report and Reflection Assignment is designed for you to communicate with your instructor ministry that occurred at your internship site and more importantly your reflections on what you observed God doing in and through you during the week. This assignment is designed to prompt your engagement with the clinical process of ACTION – REFLECTION – ACTION. After spending time serving in a ministry context (ACTION) you are encouraged to reflect on what happened, why you chose to act or react as you did (REFLECTION), and to seek to apply lessons learned the next time you engage in a ministry opportunity (ACTION).
You must use the provided template for each Ministry Report and Reflection. The template has four sections: (1) administrative information, (2) ministry experience report, (3) ministry reflection/application, and (4) personal reflection/application.
- The Ministry Report and Reflection Assignment should be between 400 and 500 words in length.
- The administrative information and template headings are not included in the word count for this assignment.
- The Ministry Report and Reflection should follow A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations by Kate Turabian and the School of Divinity Writing Guide.
- Citations are not required for this assignment, but if used must be formatted and cited correctly.
- Make sure you place your name (John Smith, the course designation (CHPL 699), date (May 15, 2019), appropriate module (Module 2), service hours (7 minimum) and the number of preparation hours (3 maximum) at the top of your paper. Service hours are considered practical ministry where you are interacting, serving, and/or ministering with people. Preparation hours are considered studying, planning, and/or receiving mentoring from your field supervisor.
Ministry Experience Report:
- This section will describe exactly what you did to minister to others this week. This will outline the ministry hours in a pastoral/chaplaincy leadership role. This section will be 100 words in length.
- This section will describe what you learned through the ministry experience about chaplain servant leadership. This section requires you to utilize Scripture passages and principles to support your reflections. This section will be 200 words in length.
- This section will describe how you personally grew in Christ this week through your ministry experience and preparation hours. This section will be 100 words in length.
You must download and utilize the template for each of your Ministry Report and Reflection Assignments.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.