Signature Assignment Title: What Makes a Good Leader?
Signature Assignment Description/Directions:
- Choose one or more leadership topic(s) from your textbook or from a scholarly source from a previous discussion or assignment from this course and write about its application to nursing practice. Provide definitions, history/background, and major concepts of chosen topic.
Book reference included with instructions at the end: Leadership Theories- Trait and behavioral theories
- Describe the topic’s function in nursing practice by examining at least three different nursing roles (for example, bedside nurse, public health nurse, CNO, unit manager, etc.).
- Discuss how the leadership topic can be used in your own practice. Discuss your personal growth in regard to your chosen leadership topic.
- Evaluate personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to your career advancement.
- Discuss the top three traits you feel makes a good nurse leader. Support your statements with examples from your practice experience and scholarly sources.
Length: 1700 to 2000 words in length
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of 4 scholarly sources plus the textbook are required.
Book notes for Leadership Theories- Trait and behavioral theories
Book: Weiss, S., & Tappen, R. (2014). Essentials of nursing leadership & management concepts, connections & skills (6th ed.). F.A. Davis Company. https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/reader/books/9780803640566/epubcfi/6/4[idloc_001.xhtml-itemref]!/4[eid42]/2[eid43]/1:0[%2CFro].