Begin reviewing and replying to peer postings/responses early in the week to enhance peer discussion. See the rubric for participation points. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing viewpoints with a rationale, challenging aspects of the discussion, or indicating relationships between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress.
Sociocultural Norms, Health, and Nursing
Topic 1: Vulnerable Populations
As you discovered in this week’s lectures and textbook readings, numerous vulnerable populations exist in the community.
- Identify three local organizations in your community that deliver healthcare services to vulnerable populations.
- Based on your research findings, answer the following:
- Which population does each organization serve?
- What services does it provide?
- Where does it get its funding (local, state, or federal sources)?
- Evaluate the relative value of each organization’s services to individuals and families in the vulnerable population it serves.