Aggregate Community Windshield Survey
There are two parts to the windshield survey assignment. In Week 1 you are required to submit a draft of your survey. In Week 2 you will submit your final windshield survey based on feedback from your instructor and your continued work.
In a Microsoft Word document of 3-4 pages formatted in APA style, you will describe the aggregate and community in which the aggregate is located. Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
Describe the Aggregate
Begin the assignment by describing your aggregate. Include the following information:
- Name of the aggregate
- Geographical location and size
- A brief history
- Basic vital statistics
- Crude birth rate, infant mortality rate, life expectancy, leading causes of death, and any other relevant statistical information related to the health of the aggregate from the windshield survey.
- Explain, giving at least two reasons, why you selected this particular aggregate for your Capstone project
With the use of public transportation or by driving a vehicle around the community, you can assess the common characteristics of the community of your selected aggregate.
Key observations to make during a windshield survey include the following:
- Age and condition of the homes in the community
- Location and condition of parks and other recreational areas
- Amount of space between homes and businesses
- Neighborhood hangouts
- Transportation in the community
- Quality of streets and sidewalks
- Types/numbers of stores and other businesses
- People out in the community
- Cleanliness of the community
- Billboards or other media displays
- Places of worship
- Availability of services—doctor, dentist, social centers, recreation centers, hospitals
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
- APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template