PJM6125 Project Evaluation: The Role of Performance Evaluation
Overview and Rationale
This paper is a good opportunity for you to begin developing a strong grasp of the important role that performance evaluation plays in project management.
Program and Course Outcomes
This paper provides a baseline understanding to the course topics, and is directly related to this lesson’s learning objectives:
LO4: Review and critique the role of earned value analysis in performance reporting by:
- Defining project evaluation
- Understanding the purpose of project evaluation
- Understanding different lens for evaluating project
- Understanding the project evaluation process
For this assignment, write a 2 – 3 page paper providing an overview of the role of performance evaluation. The pager must answers the following key topical questions:
- What is the role and purpose of performance evaluation in a project environment?
- How might one approach performance evaluation through different perspectives?
- What kind of feedback can performance evaluation provide?
Well-written papers will provide a complete, yet concise overview of the topic and address all the key points outlined above in the assignment details. These questions represent the minimal items that you would want to address. From your readings and your lectures, you will be exposed to other topics that may be relevant to the paper, and you would do well to consider those in writing the essay.
Please note that the above questions are prompts for you to address within your paper. Your paper should be written as an essay with topical headers; it should not be formatted in a Q&A format according to the above questions.
Additionally, you are required to cite at least two sources outside the course materials in writing this paper. As part of the evaluation process (see attached rubric), papers which cite peer reviewed sources as opposed to general websites or articles are considered a higher quality of source.
Below are some key guidelines you will want to ensure you follow in writing the paper. Think of this list as a quality control checklist, along with the attached grading rubric.
- Paper is 2 – 3 pages in length
- Paper format complies with APA 6 guidelines
- If you are unfamiliar with APA 6 guidelines, please review the sample paper at the following link: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/media/pdf/20090212013008_560.pdf
- Also, you will find additional resources listed in the syllabus
- No more than 15 percent of paper is comprised of outside sources or direct quotes
- Paper fully addresses the three topical questions listed above
- Paper is not written in a Question and Answer format, but makes appropriate use of headers and formatting in compliance with APA 6 guidelines
- Paper evidences reflection of the individual author relative to the broader discipline
- Paper is free of grammatical errors