Free Essay: Challenges Facing Leaders Today
Leadership is a virtue that continues to evolve on daily basis. Leadership traits have evolved since 1980s to date. Leadership has been described as a process of social influence whereby one person can solicit aid and support others in accomplishing certain common chore. Leadership is taxing. Effective leaders should recognize the significance of communication and building good relationships within an organization. Via good leadership, it is easy to overcome many challenges that lead to fall of many companies. Unfortunately, there are challenges faced by leaders as they meet the goals and objectives of their companies.
Leadership constantly presents challenges. These challenges bring change and have influenced on both leader’s abilities and one’s personality. How a leader can handle challenges varies and this will define him as a leader and influence how he can be of great help to those that he leads. Being a leader itself is a test. Challenges of leadership can either be external, internal or arising from the nature of the leadership role. These challenges include;
- Many companies do not have a strategic plan and majority lack functional synergy and understanding. If leaders cannot communicate aptly within an organization, then this becomes a major weakness to overcome.
- Lack of accountability is another issue that affects many leaders. Some leaders lack goals and objectives that they feel responsible to meet.
- Impatience- It is a weakness for any leader to lack patience, a virtue that make makes leaders responsible and tolerable when making certain decisions.
- Lack of confidence- Self-assurance is a trait that cannot be taken away from a good leader. Whenever a leader lacks self-reliance, it becomes a challenge to solve even the simplest thing that may be affecting an organization.
- Lack of transparency– The success or failure of a company can be measured by the level of clarity from the leaders’ in-charge. Transparency makes it easy for the minor workers to be able to communicate their ideas on certain projects without hold back what they have to share with their leaders.
- Insecurity- Many times, some leaders feel that they are not up to the set tasks that they have to accomplish. Insecurity keeps leaders from being proactive to meet their goals and follow their visions, hence they fail to feel like leaders
Other challenges facing leaders include inability to be objective, lack of decisiveness and defensiveness. It is easy to cope with internal challenges, to get started, always listen, ask for feedback and use it and reach for help. To overcome any external changes it advisable to be proactive always, bring out your creative nature, face conflicts squarely without any worries and look for opportunities to embrace and develop your leadership skills.
Leadership possesses many challenges that many competent and capable individuals find it hard to overcome. Leaders must realize the value the positions that they hold in the society. With the ever changing world in terms of knowledge and ethics, it is wise to seek help from experts if you want to build good leadership skills. There are institutions that specialize on these and can help.
The above sample essay on challenges facing leaders today is one of the many you will find at www.customwritingservice.org. For assistance in writing an essay on any topic regardless of the academic level customized for you get in touch with us. You can also continue perusing this blog for more essays and other academic papers.