Free Essay: Challenges Facing Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management or HRM is a duty in an organization that is designed to maximize employee performance in service of their employer’s strategic objectives. It is a department in an organization that is concerned with how people are managed within a corporation whereby those in charge have to focus on polices and most suitable systems. HRM is the most hard-hitting duty of a manager in an organization that chiefly contradicts their aspirations, attitudes and psychology. Now and then there are a number of challenges faced by the HRM unit in most organizations.
The business landscape is changing on daily basis and there many inevitable challenges that most businesses face, more so the human resource units. In the current competitive business world, every staff in managerial level requires abundant conceptual and strategic skills to excel in every undertaking. Human resource managers should have specific competence that makes it easy for them to perform certain tasks.
Many human resource management departments in the world have been preparing greatly to maximize their resources and staffs for development and growth of their corporation to international levels. Unfortunately, there are numerous challenges facing HRM that every organization should be aware of to excel in its endeavors and they include;
- Not able to manage technological changes– Managing technological advancements at all times must be made in union with employees since any advancement will influence their day to day operation. To succeed In HRM, understanding the part of part that technology plays in supporting human resource management is a core element to shining in this sector. Proper training in technology improves efficiency of the workers and this makes it easy to increase profits.
- Hiring the best employees– For a HR manager, it is a great mistake to hire the wrong person for a job in a firm. HR managers should have great employee selection tests that incredibly match the position in the company and one that guarantee the best employees.
- Challenges in complying with laws– Many HRM departments fail to comply with laws set in the field especially on business management, employment and tax administration. To excel in many proper decisions on HRM, it is wise to stay abreast with these laws that apply with business and legal transformation.
- Difficulties in budgeting– HRM department is known to spend money by hiring new staff, consuming valuable working hours and managing costly company programs. The HR managers can help in budgeting by making sure that everything works accordingly without affecting the operations of the company.
- Lack of an open door policy– Many companies do not have a better accessibility platform to rely on all the time. The HRM office should always be able and willing to hear employees concerns and provide a quick and neutral feedback in case of any conflicts within the organization. Accessibility is big issue especially if the HR manager is the owner of the business. It may be hard to put personal feelings aside and end up hurting his employees.
Due to the ever changing economy on the local and international perspective, it is invariably wise to find out how exceptional human resource management affects a company whether small or large. It is advisable to expand your employees’ skills and enhance expertise in the company all the time.
Would you like a customized and more detailed essay on challenges facing human resource management like the one above? www.customwritingservice.org is a great place to get one.