Chosen country: INDIA
1 ) Briefly introduce this country including its location and
2) Give a brief summary of its recent history (define
“recent” in terms of what you think is appropriate for
your country and focus on events and trends that are
most relevant for economic development).
3) Provide information on the country’s current HDI score
as well as the trend, for the whole index and the
components. Do further research so you can unpack and
discuss what is driving the trends.
4) Identify three other statistics that provide insight into
the country’s current state of economic development.
Choose something interesting! Discuss the level and
trend, including a helpful comparison to a relevant
comparison group (e.g. regional average, world average).
* Use sub-headings! Use tables or graphs to provide clarity to the reader.
* Use in text citation in MLA
– Clear summary of major events, not just economic factors, include
things people need to know about to understand this country
– Not “current events” – make sure you go back far enough, but you
don’t have much space so don’t get stuck in pre-history…
– you will need to use multiple tables from the UNDP website
to find the overall trend as well as the trend for the different
– do outside reading to understand what has been going on
– additional statistics: provide a variety of interesting statistics (from
the UNDP website or other sources)
– use tables or graphs to present the information clearly, but also
describe the current state in words – aiming for a vivid description