How to Excel in Writing English Assignments
English assignments are of various types; they include those involving creativity, general or specific writing. English assignments test a variety of skills and competency and thus, to excel, you must be aware of what is to be tested. In this paper, we discuss the number of things lecturers and teachers might want to test through English assignments.
- 1. Ability to write in fluent English: your ability to write good English is tested at every level: university, high school, and college. Therefore, you must be careful. In most cases, people leave out grammar mistakes and other mistakes related to English, because they cannot revise or proofread their work.
- 2. Students’ creativity: The creativity of students is important as far as writing some papers is concerned. For instance, creative essays, require a high level of creativity to excel, and lecturers award marks based on level of creativity.
- 3. Formatting capability: Various papers follow different formats and structures. For instance, research papers are different in formatting as compared to essays. Hence, you must use the right structure and format for each.
- 4. Ability to write error-free work: Error-free work means no errors of any kind; whether grammatical or not. You need to revise and proofread your work to achieve this.
- 5. Ability to write logically and sensibly: Logical statements are required in writing papers, while logical formulas and steps are required in calculations. The statements should also make sense.
- 6. Ability to understand and answer questions: This is where the lecturer or teacher leads discussions by posting a question. You need to spend enough time in understanding the question before posting a reply.
- 7. Ability to complete work in time: Almost all lecturers will test this. Make sure to plan your work well and responsibly to finish on time.